Today we have learnt that we will no longer receive vital funding from the Office for Civil Society (OCS).
Our latest funding application to the OCS, which covers our core running costs, has been rejected at the first stage.
This is a devastating blow for TimeBank which has been living and breathing the government’s vision for a Big Society for the past ten years. Since our inception in 2000, we have helped and encouraged 300,000 people into volunteering – that fills Wembley Stadium three times over.
We are mystified at the government’s decision to no longer support our work. As well as offering help and advice to volunteers, we have also been responsible for some ground breaking volunteering projects which have addressed key social issues such as refugee integration, mental health and social exclusion.
We are urging all our supporters to save our charity. We are collecting names to present to Number 10. If we receive 100,000 signatures our case will be debated in parliament. Please help TODAY and tell anyone else who might want to support us. Your 'signature' could help to reverse this funding decision from the government. Support us by:
- Email email@example.com - just put your full name in the subject box and your postal address inside the email - we'll collect all your names and take them to Number 10
- Tweet your support through @timebank
- Show your support through Facebook
- Donate to help us make volunteering part of the fabric of everyday life.
- Tell your friends - get them to support us too.
Thanks for your support - we really do appreciate it, now more than ever.