Not British

First, the good news is if you’re from an EU country or if you’re a working holidaymaker from a non-EU country, you can volunteer like any British citizen. If you’re a refugee, asylum seeker or someone who’s been granted leave to remain in the UK, then again volunteer away.

Planning ahead.  Certain roles may mean the charity will need to run checks if you’re volunteering with anyone considered vulnerable, particularly children. The charity arranges all of this, but it can take up to eight weeks so give yourself plenty of time.

If you live in Austria, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Honduras, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Taiwan, Turkey or the USA you can apply to be an International Volunteer with CSV.

« back to ideas