On holiday

Want a holiday with a difference this year? If you fancy getting away and volunteering at the same time then here are a few things you can do:

BTCV have conservation holidays you can take part in and the National Trust organise working holidays throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland. It’s worth remembering though that you’ll probably need to pay for food and accommodation.

Vitalise provide short breaks for disabled people, visually impaired people and their carers. They need residential volunteers to help out for a week or two at a time.

3H Fund also organise holidays for disabled people and their carers. They’ve been helping disabled people enjoy holidays for over 30 years and you can volunteer with them from May to August.

Sense run one week holidays to give deafblind people the chance to get away from it all, try new experiences and have a lot of fun. They also give families a much needed break. Holidays range from outdoor activity centres, to cottages, farms and barns, to villas and even barges.

« back to ideas